City Hall, 44 S. Main Street, 479-253-9703
Located in Lower Level, Carroll County Western District Courthouse


New Service and Changes
should be made at City Hall 8 am to 4:30 pm, closed from noon until 1:00PM. Cash or check required to set up a new account. Monthly payments may be made inside City Hall by cash or check.Payments, by check onl, may be placed in the drop box at Public Works, 3174 E. Van Bure, by 3:30PM. Monthly payments needing paid by debit or credit card can ONLY be made online at www.ark.org/ina_invoice/default.aspx/eurekawater  Arrangements may be made for monthly direct withdrawal from your checking account.
After Hours Water Emergencies: Call the ES Police Department non-emergency number, 253-8666. Please note that you must contact the City, via Public Works during business hours or the Poilce Department after hours, to connect or disconnect your water service to avoid tampering fees ranging from $50-$250.

AEP- Southwestern Electric Power, 1-888/216-3523 (toll free Customer Service)
Serves most of Eureka Springs
Carroll Electric Cooperative, 1-870-423-2161 (toll free)
Open 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday; serves some areas on edges of city limits

Source Gas, 1-800-563-0012 (toll free Customer Service)

AT&T 1-800-288-2020 for Land Line Service

Carroll County Solid Waste, 3190 E. Van Buren, 253-2727
Trash disposal: Contact to discuss collection options. Sanitation fee added to water bill,  from $11.07 to $12.58/month for basic service. Collection is on Wednesday or Thursday morning; have bags out by 5 a.m. Call to determine your collection day. Household waste must be placed in yellow bags, which may be purchased at Hart Family Center or City Hall. Cost is $9 for twelve 33 gallon bags and $7 for twenty kitchen size bags. You may put out as many yellow bags as you wish.

Carroll County Solid Waste, 3190 E. Van Buren, 253-2727
Curbside Collection: You may pick up a free recycle bin at the CCSW Recycle Center. Recycled items must be placed in these bins for curbside collection which is on the same day as your trash collection. Items in bin may include: aluminum cans, pie plates, foil, etc., steel cans, glass food & beverage containers, plastic bottles. Newsprint should be placed on top on bin, bundled or bagged. Remove all lids and place in regular trash. Corrugated cardboard collection available on call-in basis first and third Friday of month. Chipboard (cereal boxes, soft drink cartons, etc.) not accepted.
Recycle Center: Open 7 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday. Located off Highway 62 East past Public Works. Will accept drop-off of all items listed for curbside collection, plus motor oil, cooking oil, magazines, office paper, junk mail, corrugated cardboard & large steel and aluminum items. Fees: $15 for large items with freon.                  

HazardousWaste Trailer: Disposal of paint products, batteries, pesticides, household cleaners, syringes...no fee. Household use only; no commercial waste accepted.

Transfer Station: Industrial Park Road, Berryville. Open 8 am-4 pm, Monday-Friday; 8 am-12 pm, Saturday. Disposal of large, bulky items for varied fees.

Public Works Department, 3174 E. Van Buren., 253-9600 Hours: 7 am-4 pm
Yard Waste Collection:  Residential only...will not pick up commercial properties. Call office to be put on list and be informed of bundling and bagging requirements. Collected third Monday of each month. Leaves, grass clippings, twigs, branches. No vines, construction or dimensional lumber or garbage. 
Yard Waste Disposal: accepted at the Compost Facility every Wednesday, 8 am- Noon and 1PM-3PM.
Compost: given away every 3-4 months. No charge, but residents must call office to be put on list (basically a lottery).

Tree Removal: Trees over 4 in diameter must have a Tree Removal Permit before cutting. (See the License Section below.)

Burning Debris: A Burn Permit must be obtained from the Fire Department before debris can be burned. 253-9616.


Public Works Department, 3174 E. Van Buren., 253-9600 Hours: 7 am-4 pm
City road and sign maintenance, Snow removal, Maintenance of sewer plant.

Sidewalk repair and maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner.


Building Permit: needed for construction/trades work both interior and exterior. Homeowner may pull a permit to work on his/her own home, otherwise person/company doing the work must obtain permit. (They must have a valid Eureka Springs Business License.)

Contact Arkansas One Call 1-800-482-8998 to locate buried utility lines before digging.

Certificate of Appropriateness: issued by the ES Historic District Commission. Historic District Commission must review ALL exterior property work within the Historic District boundaries, which is most of the city, even if a Building Permit is not needed.Application forms are available at City Hall. HDC meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 6 pm in the Courthouse. HDC Guidelines are available in the Historice District Commission section of this website. No fee.

Tree Removal Permit: No trees in the city over 4  inch bases diameter or 1  feet high may be cut without this permit. Issued by Building Official. $20 fee for inspection. Tree cuts of over nine trees must be approved by the Planning Commission.

Pet Licenses: Dogs and cats are to be licensed. $10.00 per year for animals that have been spayed/neutered; $30.00 for unaltered animals.

Pets: Good Shepherd Humane Society, 124 W. Van Buren, 253-9115, has cats and dogs available for adoption. $50 cats; $70-$85 dogs (includes spay/neuter, shots). They also have a Spay & Neuter Clinic at the shelter for pets of low-income owners.


Eureka Springs Elementary School, 56 Greenwood Hollow Rd, 253-8704
Head Start through fourth grades

Eureka Springs Middle School, 42 Greenwood Hollow Rd., 253-7716
Fifth through eighth grades

Eureka Springs High School, 44 Kingshighway, 253-8875
Ninth through twelfth grades

Academy of Excellence, Highway 23 South, 253-5400
Private school using Abeka Curriculum ages 3yrs to 8th grade

Clear Spring School, 374 Dairy Hollow Rd, 253-7888
Private school,Pre-school through middle school.

Adult Basic Education/GED
Boone County Adult Education Program:
303 N. Main Street, Harrison, AR 72601
Phone: 870-391-3198.
Also offers On-Line GED Program.

Carroll County Adult Education Program
: 804 W. Freeman Street, Suite 5
Berryville, AR 72616, Phone: 870-423-4455

University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
Northwest Arkansas Community College, Rogers
Northwest Arkansas Technical Institute, Springdale
North Arkansas College, Harrison; some classes available in Berryville.

Carnegie Public Library, 194 Spring St., 253-8754. www.eurekalibrary.org See website for hours and information on special programs for toddlers, youth and adults; free magazine & paperback trading sections; inter-library loans; book sales, computer & internet access; community room. Public WiFi access. Special Centennial Year Celebration Event in 2010!


ES Parks & Recreation Commission Facilities:
Harmon Park, 532 Spring St.: playground, Dreamland Skate Park, Community Center Building housing the Eureka Kids program. Outdoor stage. Free.
Lake Leatherwood, off Highway 62 West: fishing, boating, canoe rental, swimming, hiking trails, mountain bike trails, camping, picnicking. Baseball and soccer fields.
Black Bass Lake Trail, entrance off US Highway 62 West across from Sherwood Court. Hiking, fishing around historic City Reservoir.
Eureka Springs Schools Track, behind elementary school. Open to public.
Berryville Community Center, 601 Dr. Spurlin Cr., Berryville, 870-423-3139. Indoor pool, track, basketball court, racquetball court, exercise classes, outdoor soccer field. Assembly rooms/kitchen. Fees.
Holiday Island, 8 miles north of Eureka Springs. Planned community with nine and eighteen hole golf courses, outdoor pool, tennis courts. Residence or membership required. Fees.

Eureka Springs Transit System, 162A W. Van Buren, 253-9572
Covers all areas of town. Monthly Pass for City of Eureka Springs and Carroll County residents. Share A Ride door-to-door service for senior citizens and those with disabilities is available by reservation. See website for more information.


Carroll County Clerk's Office, 253-8646 (Upstairs in Western District Courthouse)
Voter Registration
Marriage Licenses
Local real estate title information

Motor Vehicle Licensing & Registration

Arkansas Revenue Office, 105 N. Spring Street, Berryville, 870-423-2046
Bring: proof of liability insurance, title, copy of lien contract, Vehicle Identification Number.
Tax Assessor, 210 W. Church, (across the street) 870-423-2388
Must have a personal property assessment prior to registration.
Driver License: No testing required if you have a valid out-of-state license that is not expired by more than 30 days. Otherwise, call for testing days, sites.
Area Agency on Aging/Senior Center, 201 Madison,870/423-6114
Health Unit, 402 Hailey Rd., 870/423-2923
Dept of Human Services, 614 Hailey Rd., 870/423-3351


trolley profile 03-21-05 001-315x120


You can also check the location of our trolleys at this link: Check Now

It is our hope that we can use this technology to inform the citizens and guests of Eureka Springs of service information and advisories (when service is interrupted by parades, etc.) fares, hours of service, and special happenings at Transit.  We invite all to follow us.


City Events

February 2018
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 1 2 3

Upcoming Events

Wed Feb 21 @06:00 -
Historic District Commission Meeting
Wed Feb 21 @10:00 -
Mayor's Task Force Economic Development
Tue Feb 27 @06:00 -
Wed Feb 28 @04:00 -
CAPC Workshop
Mon Mar 05 @06:00 -
Wed Mar 07 @06:00 -
Historic District Commission Meeting
Tue Mar 13 @06:00 -
Wed Mar 14 @06:00 -
Wed Mar 14 @09:30 -
Mon Mar 19 @04:00 -

Climate Action Plan

Eureka Springs Arts Council

Go to top